Which exam should you take ?
Many international institutes accept both TOEFL and IELTS as a proof of English proficiency but TOEFL certification is generally demanded by North American institutes and IELTS for institutes in UK, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, South Africa and a few other countries . IELTS is also taken by people looking to migrate to such countries .
Below are a few key differences between the two tests :
Administered by Educational Testing Service (ETS)
Uses U.S English
Sections 1. Reading 2. Listening 3. Speaking 4. Writing
Scores Total 0-120 points
Cost Around US $160-US $205 depending on location
Administered by British Council, the University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations and IDP Education Australia
Uses U. K. English
Sections 1. Reading 2. Listening 3. Speaking (1 on1) 4. Writing
Scores Between 0-9
Cost Around US $ 205 depending on location
Advantages of preparing with P.I.E
- The average scores achieved by our test-takers are : TOEFL : 90+ IELTS : 6.5+
- Content that has been updated and tested for over 10+ years with proven results
- Instructors with years of experience , who were top scorers themselves .
- Numerous mocks, periodical reviews and essential feedback from instructors .
- Speaking modules in every class to gain fluency .
- Practice materials available on P.I.E’s website accessible from anywhere .
- Based on your schedule you can join 1 of 3 types of batches