Your ticket to a High School Credential & more
What is the GED®test?
GED Test is an American High School Equivalency Test. Passing the GED test grants the test-taker a U.S. High School Equivalence Diploma credential. GED is delivered in 60 countries worldwide. More than 20 million people have passed the GED test since its inception in 1942. GED is fully accredited by University Grants Commission (U.G.C.) of Bangladesh. Top private universities in the country accepts GED graduates. GED Test is the fastest and most affordable high school certification route in the country. .
The GED test is for you if you :
- are 16 years of age and over.
- are planning to opt out from H.S.C. (Intermediate) or A-Levels for financial, educational, or personal reasons.
- have dropped out of school and don’t have a High Certification like H.S.C. or A-Levels.
- want to get into a profession that has a minimum 12 years of schooling requirement.
- want to study for a degree program in a University.
Preparation time : 4 Months
Cost of exam : $240
Main Subjects/Modules : Science, Social Studies, Mathematical Reasoning, and Reasoning through Language Arts (RLA).
Repeat : Modules can be retested 3 times in a year.
Stream : GED graduates can choose science, commerce or arts stream in University.
Advantages of preparing with PIE
GED® Test is the Fastest Track to a High School Degree, University Degree, and a better career. Come study with us; we are here to help you cross the bridge to your success.
PIE GED prep is a 4-month long intensive course taught by the most experienced GED trainers in the country. Here are a few reasons to join PIE;
- A decades worth of experience in helping GED Test-takers prepare for their tests. Thousands of successful test-takers are our testimony that we take test prep very seriously.
- Our prep is authorized by GED Testing Service’s (GEDTS) Authorized Tuition Provider Program.
- Our campuses are Official GED Testing Centers where you can give the real GED® Tests and GED Ready® tests.
- We use only the most up-to-date teaching/learning materials aligned with GED Testing Service’s recommendation.
- Our lecture content is most aligned with GED Testing Service’s content and is updated frequently to match changing examination patterns .
- We have full time counselors available to help any GED test-taker or prep candidate through phone, online chat, or in person sessions.
- Test–takers can sit for mocks that simulate the real exam taking experience .
GED® Test & GED Testing Service® are registered trademark of the American Council on Education. Used under license. Copyright 2015 GED Testing Service® LLC. All right reserved.
GED Test Structure
|Reasoning through Language Arts (RLA)||150 minutes||Part 1:
– 35 minutes
RC + Grammar-60 minutes
|Social Studies||70 minutes||All contents|
|Mathematical Reasoning||115 minutes||5 Questions (without calculator)
up-to 41 Questions (with calculator)
|Science||90 minutes||All Contents|
All the above subjects can be taken one at a time. One can also schedule each module test separately which gives the test-taker the flexibility of self-management. The minimum passing score per module is 145 and the maximum is 200.
In the Reasoning through Language Arts (RLA) test, you will go through three sections, focusing on your ability to read and write closely, and your ability to edit and understand the use of standard written English in context.
During the Social Studies test, you will answer multiple-choice, drag-and-drop, hot-spots, fill-in-the-blanks, and drop-down style questions drawn from four content areas; US History, Economics, Geography, Civics and Governance. These questions will test your comprehension and analytical skills and the question stimulus material will come from the above mentioned content areas. To do well, you must be able to read passages, cartoons, graphs, and charts.
The Science test focuses on three major domains: life science, physical science, and earth and space science. Answering the questions requires a combination of excellent reading skills, specific knowledge, and the ability to interpret scientific data.
Finally, there’s the Mathematical Reasoning test. There are algebraic problem solving, and quantitative problem solving questions, utilizing multiple choice, drag-and-drop, hot spot, and fill-in-the-blank types. An on-screen calculator is available when a calculator is allowed, or you may use a handheld TI-30XS Multiview Scientific Calculator. The test center will not provide the calculator for your use during the test. You will also be given a page of math formulas to use during the test, and you will record some of your answers on either standard or coordinate plane grids.
GED Prep Package
*Includes 4 months of classes and complete set of learning materials including books and practice books
Individual classes and personalized sessions are also available. Kindly call our numbers for more information.